We’re Popping Up – Again! Collingswood’s evening of elegant and mysterious dinner and dancing is back for the fourth year.
The Pop Up Gala will take place on Saturday, September 10, 2016! This fourth annual ‘pop up’ dinner party will bring together people from all over the community and region for a night of cultural enjoyment and enhance the use of a secret, yet ordinary public space just for one night, leaving no trace behind.
Participants register to attend on the scheduled date and time but don’t know the location when they purchase tickets. Just before 7 p.m. on the night of the event, guests are led by a team leader to a top secret spot and hundreds of diners converge to enjoy a giant, elegant, pop-up dinner with music and festivities! Guests wear all white and bring all their items – tables, chairs, flatware, food and drink – and leave with it all at the end of the night.
$40 PER PAIR through August 20.
$50 PER PAIR August 21 through September 8.
Tickets are only sold in pairs
Tickets can only be purchased online. There is a convenience fee paid to TicketLeap.
Team Leaders will contact you with important information in the days before the Gala. You will be assigned to a meetup site for Sept 10 where you will meet up with your friends (old and new) and get ready to travel by foot, with all of your supplies, the super-secret location. Don't even think of asking us to tell you where it is. Our lips are sealed! Note: you must bring your Ticketleap receipt on the night of the event to receive your Gala wristband for entrance.
Join the Pop Up Gala community on the Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1114506661929066/
How a super-secret Pop Up Gala works...
1. You will receive an introductory email from your team leader approximately 3 days before the Pop Up Gala. Then, on Saturday, you will be notified approximately six hours before the event and given a location to meet your Team Leader and a group of your fellow Pop Up attendees between 6:15 and 6:30 in the evening. Your Team Leader will then receive a text promptly at 6:30 to proceed to the event site. You will walk through Collingswood as a group bringing everything you need with you for a fabulous dinner party.
2. You must come with a date, significant other, old friend or new friend. Only pairs of tickets will be sold and you must wear your white wrist band given to you by your team leader.
3. You must wear all white. Creative elegance is encouraged. Pops of color are discouraged.
4. You must bring your own small folding table for 2 (roughly between 28”x28” and 32”x32”), 2 chairs, a white tablecloth, non-disposable china and flatware, and a candlelit (faux candlelight encouraged) centerpiece. Creative elegance is encouraged for tablescapes, too!
5. You must bring food for 2 and, if desired, bottles of your favorite champagne or wine and your own non-disposable wine glasses.
6. You might want to consider adding to your picnic basket bug spra, trash bags, and towelettes/wipes.
7. You must be able to walk with your Pop Up accoutrements six to eight blocks to the event. You will be given instructions to meet up with your Team Leader on the evening of the event at a location to be determined. Please be there on time. Teams will be leaving for the secret location at 6:30. Handicapped accommodations can be made upon request. If specials accommodations are required, please note as such when ordering tickets.
8. You will thoroughly enjoy yourself, dining under the stars, making new friends and dancing the night away. You must clean up all traces of your dinner (please bring your own trash bag).
9. This is a rain or shine event. The event will only be rescheduled in the case of dangerous weather or extremely heavy rains. There are no refunds in the case of rain on the original date.
10. The online registration form asks you to select a Team Leader or indicate no preference. Don't worry if you don't know any of the Team Leaders! Most guests won't and will be assigned to a random leader and a group of new friends. If you do not yet know your preferred Team Leader or wish to make a change at some point (no later than one week before the Gala), you can do so by emailing [email protected]